Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Why I write.

I'm bad at talking.

Not that I say inappropriate things, or don't know how to pronounce the words I use, or speak outside of my element. Because I don't do any of things. I just am not good at verbal syntax. I can either use the right vocabulary, or have clear syntax, but I seem incapable of doing both at the same time.

I think it's the biggest reason why I'm so inclined to email, e-chat, text message, etc. as opposed to talking on the phone. It gives me an extra four seconds or so to organise what I'm trying to say, and words seem to make more sense coming to my fingertips than they do my tongue.

It's something that I've been working on. Rambling. Talking without having a real reason (a trait I don't particularly care for in others), just to get the practice in.

Hopefully it works.


No comments: