Wednesday, January 7, 2009

An interesting question.

Do you think you've read more books or seen more movies in your lifetime?

And I'm talking about actual books, not Bernstein Bears or things like that.

I'm kind of torn on how to judge juvenile series books, i.e. The Boxcar Children (my favorite as a 9-year old), or the Babysitters Club (my sister's choice reading of that time). I mean, when you're 9, you can't exactly be reading literature, but you'd certainly count movies you watched at that age.

I'm really not sure which I've done more of. Of the books I own, I'm at about 200. My Netflix says I've rated 801 titles, but a lot of those are Simpsons, Family Guy, Seinfeld, and other not-movies. I'd say maybe 650-700 total would be actual movies, but I doubt I rated every movie I've ever seen either.

Really, I'm not sure, but I think it might be books.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Or, perhaps you just want it to be books because that makes you feel better. I'd want it to be books, too, so let's count our kids novels. :P