Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Microwaves.

I consider myself a fairly tech-savvy person. I mean, I can't build a transistor radio out of drinking straws and paperclips, but the basics I seem to have down.

However, I have never been able to figure out defrost settings on microwaves. It always seems to involve different levels of power, multiplied by the weight, that gives a random power setting for a random amount of time. Additionally, all microwaves tend to periodically stop after a portion of the random time, requiring you to start the defrosting.

How about this manufacturers: have a medium defrost setting that you can set for any time you want. Then...

No, that's it. I don't need power times density times weight divided by the binomial factor of sea level times ambient room temperature or anything like that. I need a low power setting to defrost meat.

Thanks in advance.

No comments: