Monday, December 15, 2008

A pain.

I've been vehicularly impaired since August. Which really isn't that big of a deal. I haven't had a car for the vast majority of my adult life.

However, before, I also had grocery emporiums within a short walking distance. Now, though, it's 2.6 miles to the nearest decent store. I walked it last week, backpack filled the brim with food, and it was a hell of a walk.

In the summer, it's not really that bad. I can make it to the store, shop, and make it back in about an hour via bike. I decided to go to the store after work. Even though it was more 'on the way' than coming from home, it still took me about 2 hours.

Walkscore gives my neighborhood an 82/100: link. But I disagree with the grocery store options. Overpriced, shitty selection, and it's hard to ask questions, as I don't speak Spanish.

No comments: