Monday, December 8, 2008

On the way home.

On the way home today, I started thinking about how long I've been in Chicago. Even the years I was at college, I was always coming back to Chicago. My breaks revolved around times I came back, or the shock of spending the summer in Normal.

Every so often, I still have to step back for a second from the shock of thinking "Whoa, I'm 25." The more I think about it, part of it is "Whoa, I'm 25, and I'm still here..." I have not traveled as much as I'd have liked, and I did not move as far away as I should have when I went to college.


I love Chicago. Not everything about it, but even some of the things I don't like about it do give me a sense of pride in an odd way (example: machine politics, it's daunting size). But, I'm starting to think that it might be time to spend more time away from the city. And during those times away from the city will not just be vacations, but mini-auditions in what it feels to be somewhere else.

Not that I plan on moving away soon, but the lure of 'elsewhere,' and 'somewhere new' is drawing on me more and more.

No comments: